For information about consumer laws and their enforcement in Tasmania, you can visit Tasmanian Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading.
The ACL replaced the following fair trading and consumer protection laws in Tasmania:
- Fair Trading Act 1990 (Tas)
- Fair Trading (Reinstatement of Regulations Act 2008 (Tas)
- Door to Door Trading Act 1986 (Tas)
- Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth): Parts IVA, V, VA and VC
- Goods (Trade Descriptions) Act 1971 (Tas)
- Sale of Hazardous Goods Act 1977 (Tas)
- Unordered Goods and Services Act 1973 (Tas)
There are other laws that will continue to apply to consumer transactions after 1 January 2011. Further information can be obtained from the Tasmanian Legislation wesbite.