Skip to content Skip to main navigation


Consumer Affairs Victoria LogoConsumer Affairs Victoria

1300 55 81 81

Victorian Consumer & Business Centre
113 Exhibition Street
Melbourne Vic 3000

Services from Consumer Affairs Victoria are also available at Justice Service Centres in Ballarat, Bendigo, Berwick, Box Hill, Broadmeadows, Geelong, Mildura, Morwell, Wangaratta and Warrnambool. Our mobile service regularly visits rural communities.

TIS Telephone Interpreting Service 131 450
TTY Textphone or modem users only, ring the NRS on 133 677, then quote 1300 55 81 81
Callers who use Speech to Speech Relay dial 1300 555 727, then quote 1300 55 81 81

We enforce the Australian Consumer Law in Victoria. We can:

  • deal with complaints about a business
  • provide information to help you before you buy
  • refer you to other services for assistance, including another state, territory or national consumer agency.

We can also help you resolve disputes about:

  • building and renovating
  • buying and selling property
  • debt
  • motor vehicles
  • owners corporation issues
  • product safety
  • renting
  • retirement villages
  • shopping
  • scams.

Consumer Affairs Victoria has published a short guide [PDF 610KB] for consumers to finding assistance when in dispute with a business.