OECD Committee on Consumer Policy
The Committee on Consumer Policy (CCP), part of the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD), supports the development and enforcement of effective consumer policies in Member States. The CCP includes senior consumer policy and enforcement officials from OECD governments and works closely with experts from civil society and the business community.
Australia and New Zealand are members of the CCP. The Commonwealth Treasury represents Australia at the CCP.
Consumer surveys can be used to support consumer policy making by developing information about consumer attitudes, consumer’s actual experiences in markets, factors that affect consumer decision making, and consumer awareness and skill levels.
The following are examples of recent surveys that have been conducted by countries represented on the CCP (including Australia), as well as other organisations.
- 2015 Consumer Empowerment survey published by the UK Department of Business, Innovation and Skills in March 2015.
- 2014 Consumer engagement and detriment survey, published by the United Kingdom Department for Business Innovation & Skills.
- 2011 national survey, Australian Consumer Survey 2011, published by the Australian Government in June 2011.
- The 4th edition of the European Commission’s Consumer Markets Scoreboard – Making Markets Work for Consumers, published in 2010 by the European Commission.
- 2009 National Consumer Survey, published by the New Zealand Ministry of Consumer Affairs.
- 2009 market study, Findings from consumer surveys on Internet Shopping [PDF 228KB], published by the United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading.
- 2008 report, Consumer protection in the internal market [PDF 3.91MB], published by the European Commission.
- 2008 report, Global Survey on Sustainable Lifestyles, published by the United Nations Environment Programme.
- 2008 report, Consumer detriment [PDF 879KB], published by the United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading.
- 2007 survey, Consumer Fraud in the United States [PDF 5.1MB], published by the United States Federal Trade Commission.